And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Training Session #1 - Feeling Like a Fish out of Water

Monday, May 11th, 2009 - Oh crap, what the heck do I wear? Nothing fits, it's starting to warm up and I hate the gym due to all the beautiful people there staring at the beached whale flopping around like a fish out of water. I find an old Lowe's t-shirt and the loosest pair of warmups; that I had to keep pulling down past my huge belly so they don't look like floods.

Not sure exactly where the gym is that we are meeting Steve at and got there a bit late. (I'm always late, if you all don't already know that!) My anxiety was through the roof but I was surprisingly pleased! The biggest thing, the gym was nearly empty! Hoooorayyy!! I really don't think most fit people (unless a former FAT person) understand the terror felt working out around a lot of people. You are weak, clumbsy, self-conscious and fat. Ironically, I made an appointment with Steve a few years back when he trained at 24 Hour Fitness. When I walked into that gym and not only saw a ton of people but really fit ones, I went to the office and cancelled it and walked out. (Now Steve, how come you didn't call me back? Hmmmm, ...just kidding)

Not this time, not only was the gym empty but Steve was there and ready to go. I've come to realize that you really need to have a trainer you relate with well. Fortunately, I already knew him and his personality. And he knew me and the potential of my abilities. 10 years ago, we both worked in a garden center where all day was spent lugging around 10-15 gallon trees, 50 pound fertilizer and soil bags and loading up lawn mowers, BBQ's and retaining wall block for customers. I think at one time, I was put in a supervisor position over Steve but I never asked anyone to do anything I wouldn't do. (ha, now it's Steve's turn to pay me back for bossing him around!) When my mom and I made our appointment, we both expressed that we didn't want to start off too hard, and he listened.
Except, it was too easy. I'm going to add this just to show where we started:
Standing Bicep curls w/#10 weights, Seated shoulder press w/#8 weights, Leg extension w/#35 weight, and Tricep Rope w/#40 weights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!