And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 15 - Nov 16 - IV Therapy

I went into the Dr. for a normal checkup this week and found myself at the hospital on IV fluids. I was so dehydrated that it took them 4 attempts to find a vein. They gave me 2 liters and I still had no need to go to the bathroom after that. I went in the next day and did the same. Fortunately, they can now put my Zofran for nausea in my IV and I don't have to try and take a pill which made me sick to have to take.

The hospital sent me the supplies to do it at home on the 3rd day and I was a bit nervous to hook everything up myself. Fortunately my good friend who is also a nurse came over and helped me the first time at home. From there I was able to do it alone. It really isn't that difficult and I've been feeling so much better! The worst part is having to keep the IV start in your arm 24/7 but worth it to be hydrated!

When I met with the Dr., I was worried that the baby wasn't getting nutrition and he assured me that the baby will get what it needs even if it means draining my bones of marrow. He said it's going to be the mother who suffers. He did listen to the heartbeat and did a measurement and said everything was fine. Of course, I'm still a bit anxious about it especially since we didn't do an ultrasound to measure the baby's growth.

We set up the appointment in December to do the ultrasound to check the baby's gender and see if all is well! I'm excited about that!

I haven't been able to work out much due to the fact that I have entirely no energy and am so dehydrated that sweating would just worsen it. I do weigh myself every so often and even though my waist, hips and chest have been growing, I have not gained a single pound since I found out I was pregnant! I'm sure I have lost muscle mass and have gained babywise but it's so weird to see myself bigger and yet the same weight. My fat pants are still so baggy in the rear but they are getting very tight around my waist. Unfortunately, I don't really look pregnant as my chest (of course) has grown back to where I was before I started training. AAAAHH!

1 comment:

Seeing any progress? Let me know!