And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week 18 - Dec 7 - Sleep, The New Challenge

So, in reading the pregnancy books, since week 16, I should now only be sleeping on my side and not on my back. It's been very difficult for me as I find my back is the most comfortable. It's so strange to sleep on my side and my belly falls to whatever side I'm on. I've noticed my hips and back have been getting achy and I'm feeling them separating a bit. I haven't slept real well for several months now anyway. I have to get up and go to the bathroom sometimes 5-6 times a night (thanks to the IV hydration!). I'm always so paranoid that what I do will hurt the baby and it's been a real anxiety for me! I've tried a body pillow but it's too bulky. Any secrets anyone?

I'm also a bit concerned that I haven't felt the baby move yet. Again those evil pregnancy books say you should start feeling movement between 16 and 20 weeks. Although first timers will feel it more toward 20 weeks and because I'm still a bit overweight it will be more so that way. Come on baby, move!

Good news though - it has finally snowed in Utah County! I LOVE the snow (you can take the girl out of South Dakota, but can't take South Dakota out of the girl! And these Utah snowstorms can't hold a candle to the snow we get in South Dakota!). My little bro and his family are coming for Christmas from San Diego. They both were raised with white Christmas's and was looking forward to the snow. I was starting to stress that we wouldn't have it this year! I'm so happy! Bring on the white stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Amy. I didn't feel either of my babies move until the day after my 20 week ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a wedge pillow (we actually named mine "Wedgie" because he became a part of the family). You can find them at Babies R Us. I would take the wedge and put it under my belly to sleep. The only bad thing is you have to move it with you when you switch sides. I miss sleeping on my stomach and back when I'm pregnant. The wedge worked great with the first 2 pregnancies; the third I actually preferred the body pillow for some reason. Good luck! Are you going to find out what you're having?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya sleep has been a HUGE issue this pregnancy for me! Especially now that I am 6 weeks away! I am a total back sleeper & for some reason this pregnancy I just always end up on my back!!! My arms & hands go numb when that happens! I just try & sleep with pillows on every side of me & between my legs. Don't stress about not feeling the baby. It'll happen soon enough & then you will be like me & won't be able to sleep because the babe never stops moving! :) I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading, What to expect when you are expecting, with my first pregnancy. It stressed me out, so I quit reading and just let nature takes its course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't feel my first move until 20-21 weeks so don't worry! I'm SO exited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing any progress? Let me know!