And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 22 - Jan 4 - The Nausea Returns

You know the let down you get after Christmas and the January blahs come. Well, I was feeling all that along with thinking I might have to go back on my IV. It first came back every couple of days or so and then every day and then back to several times a day. I refilled my prescription for the Zofran so as long as I have that on hand, I'm generally OK. The baby is quite the mover!

My father-in-law, John, has been suffering from Parkinson's for about 10 years and the past year has been his worst. My mother-in-law has had hospice come in twice a day to bathe him in the morning and put him to bed at night for about 2 months. He had been at a point where he was still aware enough to dispute "paying money" to have them come in. But my mother-in-law, Joanne, was smart and kept them coming. There was no way she was able to lift him and help him do those things. Well this week, he has taken a turn for the worse and we're pretty sure he will be leaving this life soon. He is now laid up in bed and no longer can speak or eat. It's so hard to see them when their quality of life is over and you are waiting for the day when it's really over. Scott has been handling things fairly well. We are over at their house nearly every day and just trying to make John comfortable. Joanne hadn't really expressed to other family and friends how his days were numbered. Just that he wasn't doing well again. (He had a burst of energy during Christmas and was up and eating, walking and talking). So when others caught wind that this could be it, he has been getting a lot of visitors. The family is praying that he will go but I just wonder if he's laying there thinking who will come visit that day. We love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!