And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 5 - Sept 7th - Please Let It Not Be So


This was the scariest week by far! We came back from San Diego on that Tuesday evening and I went in Wednesday night to train with Steve. When I got home, I found out that I had started to bleed. Up to this point, the cramping was constant but this was new. And it was at this point that I finally found that my heart was embracing this new miracle and breaking. I called Scott in the bathroom and told him what was happening and he started to cry. He had been beaming from ear to ear since I called him about the positive test and this was devastating. He gave me a blessing and I could tell he was struggling through it.

I called the Dr's office the next day and they sent me back to the lab to get my pregnancy levels checked and again 2 days later. I was convinced it was over and was shocked to find that my first results showed my hcg's up to 6,827 and the next one at 11,685! Then it just became confusing. Why am I still bleeding and cramping so hard?!

Fortunately, I was able to attend a friends baby shower which was held at their friends house, which also just happened to be her ob/gyn. He had just come home towards the end of the shower and she mentioned he was her Dr. After revealing our little surprise to our friends, I told him about my situation and he said I needed an ultrasound asap! He said in ectopic pregnancies, your hcg levels will still go up since you are still pregnant but that needs to be determined before it bursts!

I waited all weekend and called the Dr. on Monday. It was a long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!