And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Training Session #13 & #14 - Can I Do It?

June 22nd and 24th, 2009 - I can sum up these sessions with one word - limitations. I know that Steve is a trained professional and I'm putting my trust in him that he has my health and safety in mind. Lately, he has been asking me to try exercises that would certainly show improvement in my strength and agility. But a few times, I doubt my abilities of whether I can do it and a few times just could not pull it off. I don't know why but I get scared and and tell myself I can't do it. In talking with Steve, he says he knows I can but that I'm telling myself I can't. It's so frustrating that he has more confidence in my abilities than I do and I get down on myself when I wimp out or just can't push it any further.

The exercises? Jumping up on a bench. I was so afraid of catching my toes on the edge and falling. I've seen women bigger than I doing it on the Biggest Loser. But it scared me!
We resorted to a jump on a machine that was no more than 4 inches high. Or taking the walking pushups futher with a split jump in between the pushup and the walk. This I could do, but not the distance he had first set.

I know my strength and abilities have improved enormously. I'm just frustrated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!