And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Training Session #3 - Now He's Done It!

Monday, May 18, 2009 - Up to this point, for cardio, my mom and I would just go down to the park and walk for 1/2 hour to an hour. Mom likes to walk and I was having a hard time keeping up with her pace. I did it anyway! But, at this point, my mom and I's weight training are starting to change. Her limitations begin much sooner than mine and so he seems to be working the same muscle groups for both of us but either I will do an entirely different movement or the same but with heavier weights and/or reps.

Walking lunges w/#10-15 weights, standing rows w/#80-95 weights, push ups alternating a leg up, bicep curl w/#10 weights, and shoulder press on knees w/#10 weights
Fairly easy, right?! Oh no, that's not all. My new nemisis - walking pushups. They must have derived from the underworld! Basically 10 pound weights held in push up position (no knees!). Then do a push up, walk the weights out with your arms and then step up with your feet and then another pushup. I don't know if it was because it was the last set of the day and I was exhausted or that I am so out of shape but that was torture! And Steve wanted me to walk across the width of the gym. So frustrating that I could only do about 3 or 4 before I had to rest and then start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!