And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eating Whole Foods - It Only Makes Sense

It's amazing to me lately how the taste of foods have changed. Since I've nearly eliminated sugar, salt, processed flours and fats, when I give in and eat anything real high in any of them, they are so intense. It's like your taste buds become desensitized to those bad additives. My mom had prepared cabbage the other day and I could swear she added butter to it. Turns out she didn't, did you know cabbage has a buttery taste? And I've found that I'm trying new fruits and vegetables I used to turn my nose up at.

Check out this article I ran across: http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100241585&page=1 . Make sure to check out the "find more" articles.

It only makes sense to eat foods in their true original form. And only makes sense that when foods are processed and altered to make them more convenient, we succumb our bodies to unnatural things which then result in the diseases that are overcoming our world! The PCOS I have has diabetic symptoms. I know diabetes can be reversible disease with diet, can you imagine if PCOS could be too?!

When it comes to nutrition, I like to keep it simple and a good balance. I can see how easy it would be to fall into trying to find supplements to reduce muscle fatigue, increase muscle size, add energy and on and on. I'm not going to consume large amounts of time worrying about things like if it's organic or not, if it's high or low in this or that nutrient or any other intense food analytics. Not that doing that isn't a good thing, I just fall into those people who would become obsessed with it. We all know that the statistics of today or yesterday change all the time and I always find myself wondering if it's really true. I do try to stay aware of what is good and bad just trying not to be a nutrition fanatic. (I have looked up a few beneficial foods and will post them on my sidebar)

I do believe everyone should take a good multivitamin. And eat whole foods and keep yourself properly hydrated with water. And I'm back to eating all my food that I'm supposed to. Feeling more energy and my weight is moving down again!
THE END

PS - If I start running marathons or becoming more of an athlete, I reserve the right to eat my words over being a "fanatic". We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!