And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, July 20, 2009

Training Session #21 - The "Bring It!" Workout

Steve affectionately labeled today's session "Bring It". I have to say I was a bit nervous since I already was told last week it was going to be tough. And Steve is a man of his word!

Let's see if I can remember everything (in hopes of looking back on this day of torture as a walk in the park). Walking lunges w/shoulder press, roman chair knee lifts and reverse lunges w/side lifts, standing rows (knee lifts and squat), standing lats, bench step ups w/alternating pushups, triceps with free weights, biceps with half squat, pushups on medicine ball, and situps while throwing medicine ball. All repeated mostly 3 times, with the treadmill and stair climber in between sets. It seems like I might have left something out as we did a lot. I don't know exactly what size weights were used (I do know the standing lats ended up with 70 pounds) as I just did each one as they came. Most taxed my muscles to the point of sheer exhaustion, I was out of breath much of the time, drenched from head to toe and pretty sure I was about to lose my lunch. I will say Steve was quite lenient on the recovery between sets (not to mention my mom was stalling as much as she could which gave me a little more time). He later told me he did that on purpose just because I've had two weeks of light work and didn't want to kill me off right away! And you know you've busted it big time when you walk out in 95 degree heat and it feels good. BUT...

I'm noticing my recovery time needed is getting shorter and once I stop a certain exercise, I haven't been feeling the fatigue I was experiencing before. I am writing this on the same day but no soreness yet. Steve says Wednesday will be a more difficult routine but I still feel up for it.

So Steve..... is that all ya got?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!