And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Training Session #24 - Oh Happy Day!

OK yes, I skipped blogging about Monday's workout. It was just one of those off days, and dang it, I should be allowed one every once in awhile. I just drug myself through the day and the workout and that's that.

BUT today...?!
cool myspace layouts

cool myspace layouts

It's been almost 12 weeks since we started training with Steve and I'm finally under 200 pounds! I can't even remember the last time I was there, I'm guessing a least 6 years. And even better, I no longer have to shop in the Women's department and actually haven't for several weeks! (Which I'm incredibly happy about and no offense to those that can find some cute stuff, but I swear someone who hates fat people must be designing those clothes because they are hideous!!) I've been wearing a few size 16's that are already getting loose! 34 pounds down, 68 to go! I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal!

I've gotta say the contestants of the Biggest Loser are getting ripped off. I'm finding that the amount of weight you lose may or may not really show actual results as you can be losing body fat and inches but you are also gaining muscle which we all know weighs more than fat. If you're on the weight loss band wagon, make sure to take those measurements and don't gauge your progress on weight alone.

So, you all want to see the proof? Next Monday will be exactly 12 weeks and I will actually post a few photos - when I was at my highest weight, where I am now and my goal weight (which was where I was in 2000). This is a big deal as I absolutely hate seeing pictures of me. (Yes, it's a big pride issue. Working on it...) And it's very sad as there aren't that many in the past 10 years with me in them and Jackson is now 4 and won't have many pictures of me and him from the past few years in his scrapbook. But better times to come, he'll start thinking I'm the paparazi!

The measurements:
Caliper Bi - 15.9
Caliper Tri - 19.2
Caliper Sub - 26.4
Caliper Iliac - 21.6
Body Fat % - 34.8
Neck - 13.5
Chest - 44
Upper Arm - 12.1
Forearm - 10
Waist - 36.8
Hip - 46.6
Thigh - 23.7
Calf - 15.3
Weight - 198!!!!

Biggest accomplishment: I'm down nearly another whole percent body fat and another 1/2" off my hip and waist. My calves and thighs aren't moving but Steve wasn't concerned in the least. He's said because of the hard workouts lately, he doesn't want them to lose too quickly. Something about "it would look weird", OK, I'll take his word for it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You're doing amazing! I really want to talk to you more about all this, but I'm leaving on Sat for a little over a week. Hopefully the order will be in by the time I get back and we can get together!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing any progress? Let me know!