And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 3, 2009

Training Session #25 - For the Love of the Game (of weight loss)

The pictures. Have I ever mentioned the pure agony for me to stand in front of a camera, on purpose? (I even avoid mirrors) But, I also had to have a photo for a scrapbook page that my stamping friends were exchanging. My mom was so great to stand in as the photographer with a difficult client, lots of eye rolling in between shots. The photo at the top is where I am now, the 2nd below was at my heaviest weight in April and the 1st below (lookie, you can see my collarbones!) was where I was before I started fertility treatments in 2000 - and where I intend to get back to. And I will. I still have that size 6 dress and will be anxiously working to post a picture of me in it again. (And yes, I've always been "chesty". Really, I don't understand those that want to "enhance" theirs, it's more a burden than anything!)
Today officially marks 12 weeks since we started training. I've lost 24 pounds, 12.14 inches, and about 4% body fat. I'm also down 35 pounds since April when I was at my heaviest.

Steve didn't want me to preview today’s workout (which I usually don't even want to know so I don't pysch myself out) but he had already named it. And for the love..., it was also killer core work. Tri plane lunges, ball squats on one leg, ham curls (Yowwch!), ab ball toss, prone bridges and much more! I'm actually hoping for more of this just because one of my goals is to be able to do full sit-ups and still be able to throw a medicine ball back and forth and not have to have my feet stabilized. And my waist is getting small but my lower abs just doesn’t want to give up the ghost! Glory, just go, will ya?! (Although, in the beginning, they just got in the way and I don't have that excuse anymore). Another goal, to have the tendon in my ankle define and just pop out. My mom and I have such different body types; I'm built more like my dad's family. But the thing I've inherited from my mom, cankles (you know, when you can't determine where your calves end and your ankles start). After the last set of ham curls, Steve told me to just hold the last one. He may have intended to add another layer of torture but he also pulled out his phone and took a picture of my calf and ankle. It was cool to see the definition forming in my calves and the ever-so-slightest indention in my ankles! (I'll have to snag that photo somehow!)

I would like to see better improvements for the next 12 weeks. I didn't realize it, but I was supposed to be doing cardio at least 5 times a week along with 3 days of weights. I was slacking a little on some days the past few weeks not because I didn't want to but it's just summer and busy. No more excuses, this week is the beginning of that routine. Steve says that doing the cardio after the weights is more beneficial. And what cardio does Steve think is the best?... That blasted stair climber! So today, I spent 40 minutes after our training with that evil machine. We're still not friends but at least now on speaking terms....

1 comment:

  1. Go Amy! You can do it! I'm so proud of you. I'm doing the battle of the bulge at the moment. I stated at 252 (yikes did I just say that outloud) I'm down 25lbs since June 6th.

    Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing any progress? Let me know!