And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 10, 2009

Training Session #27 - You Take the Good, You Take the Bad...

Why, oh why, did I decide to give in and eat pizza this weekend? And why after 5 days of heavy cardio, including 3 days with the stair stepper do I still look like Natalie from the "Facts of Life"!!!!???? Yeah, yeah, I know, she has a great personality (so many of us FAT girls do) Whaaahh! - (insert extremely whiney voice) When will I ever look like Blair but with Jo's coolness!? I want it and I want it NOW!

All joking aside, this weeks measurement results were like a punch in the stomach. I'm fairly sure subconsciously I thought that because I worked so hard on my cardio, a little pizza wouldn't hurt. Of course, that was a little pizza on top of not eating the rest of my food for a large part of the week. Add more fat to starvation and increased cardio and I'm sure my body was holding onto it for dear life. I've got to work through this awful relationship I have with food. I really have to force myself to eat. I think if I actually pulled everything I need to eat together each night, already prepared like my mom does to take to work, I could probably get through it. I just get going through my day and forget.

I would call today's training an hour version of bootcamp basic training. Lots of kicks, jumps, squats, held positions and pushups. Steve had two new forms of torture (dang, he had a new "torture" word today and now I've forgot it!) One is an exercise called squat thrusts. You know, jump into crouch, jump back into a pushup position, jump back to crouch and then jump up. And the other was like a reverse bridge where you balance on your back on the disc with your butt up, knees up and together, feet on the floor somewhat extended and hold that for what felt like FOREVER! I think I'll be feeling those tomorrow!

And after bootcamp I had 40 minutes of bonding time with Mr. Stair Climber. My hamstrings are screaming and actually were before I started! Good thing I have a massage scheduled this week, I'm gonna need it!

The BAD - The measurements:
Caliper Bi - 15.6
Caliper Tri - 18.8
Caliper Sub - 26.1
Caliper Iliac - 21.4
Body Fat % - 34.6
Neck - 13.5
Chest - 43.5
Upper Arm - 12
Forearm - 10
Waist - 36.75
Hip - 45.7
Thigh - 23.8
Calf - 15.3
Weight - 196

THE GOOD - Biggest accomplishment: Despite the fact that hardly nothing moved, including my body fat, my hips were down almost a whole inch. Weird. Steve tried to convince me that this still wasn't a plateau since there was some movement but I'm not buying it.

Met one of Steve's other clients who had lost a lot of weight, had rebounded and was taking another go at it. Got me thinking pretty hard but that's a story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!