And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 17, 2009

Training Session #29 - Students Have No Excuses

Wow, I am tired today! I'm attending BYU Education Week this week starting today and had an interesting encounter. The parking there is horrendous and I ended up parking on the far southwest side of campus where the overnight RV parking is. Since I don't know the campus very well (sadly, I never attended), I didn't realize that hurrying to my first class at 8:30 in the morning that I would have to run up a hill of stairs, in flip flops. And I had to run because (as always and to be expected), I was late. Well, I'm sure when I was 35 pounds heavier I probably would have passed out at the top. But I actually passed a somewhat heavy teenager. I'm certainly no James Bond but definitely feeling the difference!

And then you had to run to your next class because they fill up so fast that sometimes they turn people away from the full classrooms. Not as much running today since the classes are more in the same area but I've forgotten what it's like to hurry from one class to another. Although I was very antsy sitting for the time during the class, I hoofed it to the next, as much as you can in flip flops. And I packed all my food according to my plan so I was set.

I'm going to park at the same place the rest of this week and get in some short cardio time in the mornings, and wear my running shoes. Was thinking that if there were students who couldn't find time to exercise, they could just arrive for school a bit earlier (see, yeah, that wouldn't work for me!) and run up those stairs every morning!
Today's workout was huge, now that I look at all we did! I was a bit tired from running all day but pushed through it as much as I could.

1 comment:

  1. That's regular student parking there and where I've had to park for several semesters. The memorable one was when I was significantly pregnant with Aspen. I believe there are officially 95 steps. And I did have to calculate the time it would take me to climb them into my arrival time. I can definitely say that I never ran up them, but I never paused in my steady plod either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing any progress? Let me know!