And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Training Session #30 - Stronger than the Average Bear?

So, I've been running those stairs at BYU every morning like I planned and high tailing it from one class to the other. Also remaining consistant on my cardio, and swam laps for an hour yesterday. I am starting to get a bit fatigued but dang, I want to see results next Monday!

We have been fairly cool the past few weeks and the temps are starting to climb again. I think I sweat out more water than I could put in at today's workout. (So not a fan of hot temperatures, I can't believe how many summers I worked at Lowes in the heat and dirt!) Steve was really excited about what we were going to do. That always gets me very worried! Stepups, Ok, quads are already a bit tired but OK. Then a circuit of prisioner squats, side lunges and half lunges, yeah, now I'm really feeling it. Half stepups and then a new walking lunge with the ball. I'm dying at this point. My shirt is soaked completely through and I'm ready to prove to Steve I had lunch. But, Oh no, there's more... Bear crawls.
I found an article about bear crawls and can say they are 100% correct!

If you are short on time, there is no better way than using a bodyweight circuit.
One exercise is the Bear Crawl, this is a very demanding and result producing exercise that is long forgotten.
The Bear Crawl will give you a great fat burning and muscle building workout, most people will have a tough time Bear Crawling for 30 seconds.
The Bear Crawl will build an athletic and stronger body in record time, and will develop total body awareness.
The Bear Crawl will work the whole arm ( fingers, wrist, forearm, bicep, triceps,) the shoulders, back, chest, neck, abs, thighs, hamstrings, calves, not to mention working the cardiovascular system hard, in only seconds.
The Bear Crawl will burn fat while building incredible strength and muscular endurance.
To do the Bear Crawl you don't need a lot of space, just a few feet, than get down on all fours and walk and run like a bear.
Start out slow, take your time and get amazing results doing a simple but very effective exercise.
If you decide to add Bear Crawls into your workout you will know what a workout is.
So try this simple but effective workout :
Bear Crawl for 30 seconds rest 30 seconds c
ontinue for 5 minutes... if you can.
The only thing they didn't mention is that you can't have your rear in the air like this little cutie. No, no, no!!! We did them so the knees and tops of your feet skim the floor and you keep your hips down as you move! And just when I thought I was done after bear crawling across the gym room length 4 times with pushups in between, we then did calf raises and ab crunches on the ball. Oh me, oh my. I'm wondering how I was possibly going to get in my stair climbing that day because I was through, done, spent, over. Guess what?...I did it anyway!
Measurements on Monday. Oh please, let them be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!