And Here We Are AGAIN :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 24, 2009

Training Session #31 - A Loss is a Loss

The measurements:
Caliper Bi - 15.2
Caliper Tri - 1
Caliper Sub - 26
Caliper Iliac - 20.9
Body Fat % - 34.4
Neck - 13.5
Chest - 43.5
Upper Arm - 11.75
Forearm - 9.8
Waist - 36
Hip - 45
Thigh - 23.7
Calf - 15.1
Weight - 191

Biggest accomplishment: Ok, so there is a reason I have a trainer. 'Cause I try to make sense of what I do and I just don't get it. After busting it big time last week, I am dissappointed not to see my body fat go down hardly at all. But after I entered all the info into a spreadsheet I've been keeping, I didn't realize that I was down over 2 inches overall - mostly in my hips and waist. And 5 pounds. I can deal with that.

I've been a bit concerned how high my heart rate has been while I've been doing the stair stepper at the intensity Steve has wanted me to. I have always been told if you keep it in the fat burn zone you'll burn more fat. I just need to stop worrying and trust the professional I work with. See the truth here: Heart Rate Zone or here or here.

The way I see it is that you will burn more percentage of fat calories with a lower intensity. But you'll burn more calories at a higher rate even though the percentage of what you burn isn't all fat calories, you're still burning more calories overall. There are many calculators but I'm sure the most accurate would be one tested by a Dr. My heart rate monitor actually has my limits exactly like when I put in my stats with the calculators:

Maximum Heart Rate (Calculated) = 184.5 % of Maximum Heart Rate Reserve*
100% - 184.5
95% - 175.3
90% - 166.0
85% - 156.8
80% - 147.6
75% - 138.4
70% - 129.1
65% - 119.9
60% - 110.7
55% - 101.5

Now I no longer have the excuse that my heart rate is too high. Crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing any progress? Let me know!